The Supreme Court says your Cell Phone is Private

The Supreme Court issued a unanimous ruling this week clarifying the limits on police examination of cell phone data.

Can I Keep My IRA if I Declare Bankruptcy?

The Supreme Court says Individual Retirement Accounts are not protected from creditors in bankruptcy proceedings if the accounts are inherited.

How Do I Get Information About My Mortgage?

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has recently enacted some new regulations which increase your access to information about your loan and create a new means for you to report errors related to your loan servicing.

Is your Smart Phone entitled to Privacy?

If you’re stopped and arrested for not wearing a seat belt or another minor infraction, do the police have a right to take your cell phone and, without a warrant, access all the information listed above, and more?

Can you sue the Bank if somebody Embezzles from you?

An embezzlement case before the Connecticut Appellate Court this week may more clearly delineate the rights of account holders and the responsibilities of banks, but whatever the outcome, one thing is clear: business owners, pay attention to your bank statements. In 2012, a New London County jury found that Bank of America was 95% responsible […]

Bankruptcy Audits Are Back

Bankruptcy audits are back, and it’s best to be prepared.

Difficult Foreclosure Decisions

The number of homes newly in foreclosure, combined with the foreclosed homes already on the market, means depressed prices for residential real estate across the board. Now may be the right time for you to consult with Attorney Gregg Wagman regarding your options.


NO!! You cannot be arrested for not paying your debts.

What is the 25 Billion Dollar Mortgage Settlement worth to you?

25 billions dollars of the workout may not be as comprehensive or as good for the consumer as has been touted.

Someone From Out-of-State Cannot Defend Your CT Foreclosure

To defend a Connecticut Foreclosure or handle any legal matter in Connecticut you need a lawyer that is licensed in Connecticut.